Weekend with the Sanborns

This Thursday through Saturday I was asked to take care of my professor's kids, dogs, and house while he and his wife were serving the School of Music at a conference in MI. Not only was the pay just right but a kitchen drew me in!

Thursday night was pretty simple making sure the kids had their homework done and were in bed at a reasonable time, which allowed me to go to bed at a decent time as well. There was a little bit of X-Box in there too but all before dinner because there's no TV or video games after that!
After getting the kids off to school on Friday I headed back to campus for a few things and meetings I had during the day. Pretty lazy day though and I am kind of sad that I didn't get to cook or bake during the day because of being here on campus. The kids got off the bus around 3:30 pm and the X-Box was turned on immediately. However, I was eventually able to convince them to pull out a board game and then headed downtown for some bowling! The youngest had been talking smack to me about how he could beat me for the past two weeks....I showed them!! HA!
Saturday morning was more running and dropping the kids off for sports and music things. With just one left we were able to spend some quality time watching a movie and then sledding all afternoon. We had a great time and made it home just in time to have supper ready when Dr. Sanborn and Ruth got home.

The weekend was a whirlwind but it was a blast! Now for some actual relaxing...

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Busy woman! Sounds like you handled everything very well! :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully nobody got hurt on the Death Machine! :-P

Anonymous said...

No comment about the dog eating the biscuits....I thought that was really funny.