Eye Stye

So I woke up this morning with a stye in my eye! I don't recall ever having one before so I wasn't sure what to think when I couldn't put in my contacts. And man...what a painful little bugger it is. It even hurts to blink! Anyone have some simple home remedy? I'd appreciate it!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I don't have any advice but looked around online. Here is what I found....Hope you feel better soon!

Try this:
1) Place a clean warm wet washcloth over the infected eye. Hold it for 5 mins and repeat 3-4 times daily for a few days. The heat extracts the pus and drains it out. This also increases blood supply to the affected area and helps the body to fight the bacterial infection. Continue this for a few days even after the sty drains out.
2) Dip a teabag in warm water and place it on the sty for a few minutes. The sty usually shrinks to half its size. Tannic acid in tea is helpful.


Hygiene tips:
-Never pop or squeeze your sty as it spreads infection.
-Take care to wash your hands right after you touch your affected eye.
-If you wear contact lenses, stop using them till you are cured of this condition.
-If your sty does not go away after 4-5 days, visit an eye specialist.


Read our article on home remedies for eye infection: http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/articles/212/medicines-and-remedies/home-remedies-for-eye-infection.html

Valerie said...

thanks!

Trisha said...

How's your eye?

Valerie said...

still there but it's gone down a lot and doesn't seem to affect my contacts or anything anymore!