
This weekend is GAFA's (Grace Academy of Fine Arts) student competition. Through GAFA, college students and local musicians teach lessons to those interested in the community. Our youngest student is four and the oldest is 67! I personally only teach trumpet lessons right now, and this semester only have one student. He is 13 and is progressively quite well, in fact, he had to do his competition piece early because of a family vacation and got a I. Tomorrow is the actual competition for all the rest of the students, and will last most of the morning. Lucky for me, or not lucky depending on how you look at it, I am in charge of it all. Not sure how I got roped into something like that, but I've organized the whole competition and am excited to get it going tomorrow. It'll definitely be a relief when it's all over! And let's not forget that projects, papers, and exams have been all this past week and the next week and a half before schools out. Do you think I could have had a more stressful end to the semester?!
6 comments:
Good thing you are organized and like to keep things organized. Tomorrow will be great!
I'm sure you got roped into it because your student is finished and you have "nothing else to do". Hang in there. Everything will be fine.
They say that if you want something done, give it to the busiest person.
Hope it went well!
You Go Girl!!!
So how did it go?
Things went really well. Thanks for all the support everyone!
Post a Comment