Catch-Up

This may not be a very interesting or photo-filled entry but it will be informational none-the-less.

As of last Friday I just completed my time at Bay Valley Foods (Mom's work) and learned that a desk job is not a job for me! It was great to get to know the ladies on my team but definitely not something I'd go back to. I commend all of you out there that can do a job like that because last Friday when I walked away, it was probably one of the best moments of my summer! So far....

This week is kind of a week "off" for me as I will be preparing to start my internship and volunteering at my old summer job. I am so excited to see some of the kids and even more excited to meet the new ones. I have high hopes for this week being a fun week and I hope that I can be a blessing to the staff at CP and take a load off their shoulders for a short time.

Starting next week Monday I begin my internship at Spencer Lake Christian Camp in Waupaca, WI. I just talked to my supervisor today and I am getting a bit excited but also a bit nervous. As you may know, I am a bit of a planner and as of now I still don't have a set schedule of what I will be doing week after week. They said to be prepared for a little bit of everything from housekeeping to grounds crew to dining to working in the office. So who knows what I will be doing but I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm not sure what kind of internet access I will have there but I hope to keep you updated all summer long.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Thanks for the update!

Katie said...

Yay for updates! You should post your camp address so you can get fun things in the mail. And we need to schedule a phone date!! Have fun this week! Miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Will you have days off when in Waupaca? You know, I'm only 1/2 hour away from there...

Valerie said...

To be totally honest...it's going to be a week to week thing so I don't really know. I will for sure give you a ring when I do!!!!!!!