I kind of fell behind with posts and failed to post all over Spring Break! My bad!
For those of you who didn't know, I traveled with Grace Brass to Washington D.C. to tour for break. We started out on Friday and performed in Ashland, OH where we stayed the first night. Then on Saturday we left for Roanoke, VA. There I stayed with the funniest couple! They were a riot!
Performing twice on Sunday, once in Roanoke and in D.C. in the evening, we were all a bit tired. There we stayed at Washington Bible College and commuted from there to different venues for the majority of the week. It wasn't until Thursday that we were actually able to be tourists!


Aside from Thursday, we generally traveled to schools and churches to perform. The best part about it was that we all matched! Often we would go into restaurants and be asked if we were one big family. With a "mom" and "dad" (our director and his wife) that have only been married for 20 years as of this past December it's kind of odd to have 8 children between the ages of 21 and 18! Those that asked generally felt pretty silly after we told them we were a music group.
Driving back through on our way back to school we stopped in Akron, OH. Here we were supposed to perform for three morning services at The Chapel, South Campus. Sadly, it snowed 16 inches on Saturday (compared to the high 60s we were in all week) which canceled all services but the noon service. Feeling bad about the way the day turned out, after we had traveled so far, the music pastor took us out to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. This is where things get good...

I'm sure none of you are familiar with the movie CAMP but it's a good one. Meredith, my roomie at UWO introduced me to the movie and not only did I fall in love with the songs but also the main character, Vlad. The actor who played Vlad is Daniel Letterle. Long story short, and I may be accused of skipping the good parts, he was our server at the restaurant. I was a spaz about it and totally embarrassed myself but was so pumped to have met him. Oh man...that was the highlight of the trip as far as I'm concerned!
There are more stories and more fun from the trip, so if you're a Facebooker check it out! Otherwise, if you interested, I'd love to share more..give me a call!
Aside from Thursday, we generally traveled to schools and churches to perform. The best part about it was that we all matched! Often we would go into restaurants and be asked if we were one big family. With a "mom" and "dad" (our director and his wife) that have only been married for 20 years as of this past December it's kind of odd to have 8 children between the ages of 21 and 18! Those that asked generally felt pretty silly after we told them we were a music group.
Driving back through on our way back to school we stopped in Akron, OH. Here we were supposed to perform for three morning services at The Chapel, South Campus. Sadly, it snowed 16 inches on Saturday (compared to the high 60s we were in all week) which canceled all services but the noon service. Feeling bad about the way the day turned out, after we had traveled so far, the music pastor took us out to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. This is where things get good...
I'm sure none of you are familiar with the movie CAMP but it's a good one. Meredith, my roomie at UWO introduced me to the movie and not only did I fall in love with the songs but also the main character, Vlad. The actor who played Vlad is Daniel Letterle. Long story short, and I may be accused of skipping the good parts, he was our server at the restaurant. I was a spaz about it and totally embarrassed myself but was so pumped to have met him. Oh man...that was the highlight of the trip as far as I'm concerned!
There are more stories and more fun from the trip, so if you're a Facebooker check it out! Otherwise, if you interested, I'd love to share more..give me a call!
1 comments:
Yea, a new post! I love to see the pictures of what you are up to. Love you much. Can't wait to see you tonight.
Post a Comment