We've officially seen all the important things of China. We arrived on Monday and went to Chengdu first. We only played at one international school (english speaking!!!) and spent the rest of the time being tourists. Didn't get to do much of that in South Korea since we were playing three or four concerts a day. China is seeming like a debriefing compared to Korea! Aside from the school, we had our first bartering experience, which proved to be successful for most of us, and got to visit the giant pandas.
Our next stop was the beautiful city of Qingdao. While we didn't get to interact and hang out with the students as much there, the teachers were awesome. They brought us around to be tourists again all day with only four performances total in two days. Again, that was a relief!
Finally we are here, in Bejing! It's been a whirlwind but it's nearly finished and I'll be headed to the Philippines for some R&R in no time. We stepped off the airplane from Qingdao and immediately drove to the Great Wall. We tried to be adventurous and climbed up to it, no riding for us! It took quite some time but we made it to the top and it was worth it. Riding down we rode a scooter type thing on a very windy slide. The nicest part about that, aside from not having to climb back down, was being in control of you brake. You can definitely pick up speed on that bugger!





7 comments:
Good to hear from you. Enjoyr the little time left.
Very impressive pictures. Especially seeing your group on the Great Wall of China! And the Pandas were really cute! Tom and I saw some pandas at the San Diego Zoo which had been on loan from China.
I've really enjoyed reading your blogs since I found out about them...it helps me feel connected since I know we don't really talk all that often. I hope you continue to enjoy your time in Asia!! See you soon!
~Aunt Susan
Yay!! Pandas!! :-) I am pretty sure you are in Manila now, but looks like China was fun. Pam said it looked like the same part of the Great Wall she got a picture of when she was there.
it probably is the same part of the wall, since there are only two sides you can climb up it!
You need to update, friend! Btw, I finally got a blogspot and put a ton of pix up from the trip, if you're interested... So how's Manila?
So I'm not handling our separation too well. I need to know how you're doing! I hope you're having fun. I'm praying for ya!
Post a Comment