This past weekend, Abi, Drew, Toby, and I headed to Pittsburgh, PA to celebrate Abi's 22nd birthday and spring break (for Abi and Drew at least!). After a long drive from WI for Abi and Drew and a shorter but still long drive from Indiana for Toby and me, we arrived on Friday night and decided just to stay in and play games. Saturday was an adventure in itself. We visited the Museum of Natural History which is attached to the Museum of Art. Spending many hours, film, battery, and energy walking around there for about 3 1/2 hours, we headed to the Duquesne Incline. We enjoyed the view for quite a while as well as some dinner before attempting to head back to the hotel.
For almost every trip we made, we had directions. Needless to say, those directions aren't much of a help! We definitely gave ourselves a tour of Pittsburgh (and many surrounding cities) more than once. If I had to make a rough estimate, I'd say we spent about 3-4 hours of the trip being lost!
Before Toby and I headed back to Indiana (leaving Abi and Drew for a few more days), we visited the botanical gardens in Pittsburgh. Despite that my allergies didn't like all the foreign plants, it was beautiful! Definitely a place I would visit again if I had the chance. Maybe in the summer though to see the outdoor gardens too!
All in all it was a great trip! We were blessed with safe (although not short, and often in the wrong direction) travel and good company. Toby and I agreed it was a "fun-filled mini Spring Break."
2 comments:
Toby. That's a name I haven't heard before. Who's he?
Sorry. I'm a nosey cousin. :)
Post a Comment